Monday, May 6, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #126: Sinkhole

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development. I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Redesign:


I decided to keep with modern templating for the rules text since this card seemed like such a timeless type of card that I could see appearing in modern Magic: The Gathering sets.

How do you represent cracked earth besides destroying land? By making you sacrifice it! It's a very black thing to do. And it makes sense flavorfully because you're wrecking up your own resource to open up a path to hell for the poor soul that will be damned to eternity Down Below.

I'm not sure on the mana cost for this type of card. A development concern to be sure, but I still wonder. And I'm willing to tweak the sorcery type into an instant to attain a certain mana cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment