Saturday, March 16, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #75: Caustic Crawler

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development. I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Redesign:


I was helping friends move today, and I'm busy once again in a few minutes, but I managed to squeeze out a design within a short timeframe.

I thought it'd be relevant in a land-based set to do this neat thing where this ant-like creature can ruin a place (look at the art and how he is cracking down that tree! Forests be damned) into a Swamp-y area, and then it has Swampwalk. You can't typically stop an ant from entering your home, so it feels right for it to be able to not be stopped by your creatures and get all up in your business via your dirty land.

No comments:

Post a Comment