Thursday, January 31, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #31: Gargoyle Castle

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development, and I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Awesome. Here's my version:


O.K., so this is obviously a haunted house. I had a different version of this card until I realized, at the last minute, that it functioned similarly to Moorland Haunt. Check it out:


Anyway, I figured that any castle with a large gargoyle atop it could be housing ghosts or even have a vampire lord within it. I decided upon the ghosts angle, and the word "Geist" fit perfectly where it needed to be to retain the same collector number.

The condition of having creatures attacking you was a flavor tie-in with disturbing the grounds in which the spirits rest. Like, when you trespass a haunted mansion.

I hope it's not too powerful. Ah, well. It's the thought that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment