Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #107: Jareth, Leonine Titan

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development. I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Redesign:

I decided to go with the "protection" theme because he has this shield, and it could be part of his prowess - he's really good at protecting. But he's also a Pit Fighter. So, I made it so that he's a no-nonsense combat phase person. Which is why he rejects spells and abilities. 

But I only want him to be able to protect for as long as he has shield up. If he lands some punches to the enemy, he lowers his shield to do so. But I didn't want him to get killed after he's declared as an attacker but before he gets to deal damage to the opponent. With his two abilities working in tandem, he ensures that an opponent can only kill Jareth after Jareth has a chance to hurt them.

No comments:

Post a Comment