Friday, April 19, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #108: Evacuation

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development. I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Redesign:


Another way of evacuating a place is to do the flicker effect on everybody. I decided to do a riff on Sudden Disappearance by making it affect everyone instead of just one player and an instant.

Because I made it an instant, players can still cast this during the end step of the opponent's turn. What happens then is that the permanents would still be absent during the next player's turn and wouldn't return until the end of THAT player's turn. I'm afraid of shenanigans because of this, and because I wanted to keep the "beginning of the next end step" duration, I just added an additional condition for returning the permanents - at the upkeep step.

No comments:

Post a Comment