Sunday, February 3, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #34: Bounty of the Hunt

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development, and I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Redesign:


This is part of a cycle of cards that let you exile a card from your hand rather than pay the mana cost. So I'm going to keep it that way - I kept the first clause. I then did a completely top-down design that may be just bad in terms of power level yet is quite flavorful.

The Elk token that is put onto the battlefield has no choice BUT to be hit by an attacking creature, creating the scenario - every time - of an Elk being hunted as per the art. The focus in the art is the Elk itself. The action that is happening is the hounds attacking it.

Yes, I realize that this is a bad Fog. But Fog isn't strictly better than it! So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment