Sunday, February 3, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #33: Dumb Ass

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development, and I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


YES, finally, an Un- card!


All right, so a few things:

I know the power and toughness looks weird. I couldn't figure out in time how to correctly display 3 1/2 power and 3 1/2 toughness on the card.

I had to look up "Ass" idioms to keep this part of the cycle of Asses. "Drag Ass" was what kept this within the alphabetical constraints.

Drag Ass means to be dragging your ass. So, I did last strike. I figured that granting first strike to creatures could make this a red card. I made this a Hill Giant but a bit better (1/2 power and toughness better) to balance the drawback of last strike.

Also, the art looks like this guy is pretty lackluster in his Warrior profession - quite the Drag Ass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment