Saturday, February 9, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #40: Willow Faerie

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development, and I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Redesign:


I couldn't think of a word that would fit alphabetically to mean something along the lines of "kinship" or whatever it is that would represent the bond that these two have. So I figured "Willow Faerie" would do, as if she's a Faerie of the woods and befriended an Elk.

When I saw this card, I thought of this other card:


The focus on Willow Faerie, though, is on the Faerie. Not the Elk. Which is great, because then I could mirror the Ambassador Oak card except make the big creature the token!

Thus, Willow Faerie was (re)born.

No comments:

Post a Comment