Monday, February 11, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #42: Kitsune Bonesetter

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development, and I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Redesign:


I noticed that the art depicted an old cleric dude. This reminded me of a favorite card of mine: Venerable Monk. Check him out:


Simple card! Since Monks DO exist within the world of Kamigawa, I wanted to do a Kamigawa take on Venerable Monk. I applied the "cards in hand" theme as a condition for getting the same effect and make this guy one mana cheaper. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment