Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #50: Arrow Volley Trap

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development, and I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Redesign:


I'm not too crazy about the name, but hey.

Instead of looking at the dead bodies after this glow-y treasure thing as your opponent's, you can look at these dead bodies as your own guys and the glow-y treasure thing is bringing somebody back to life. And here we are with the card: "Hah, you shouldn't have killed so many of my men. Now you get to see just one of them come back to life! You fool!" (I say this somewhat sarcastically in terms of believability.)

And now I'm thinking of Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life." Fun fact: I used to listen to this song along with my Linkin Park and Green Day stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment