Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #121: Blighted Shaman

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development. I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Nope. Already perfect. Let's try again.


Redesign:


This guy looks like he's wearing dead creatures and hanging out with Skeletons. So, that's how I came to this design. Whenever something dies, you either wear it, or you command its skeleton. I realize that you could technically wear its skin and use its Skeleton to reanimate - but I didn't want to make this uncommon too powerful. So, either/or.

No comments:

Post a Comment