Sunday, May 26, 2013

Daily Card Redesign #146: Unsummon

Daily Card Redesign is a daily Magic: The Gathering design exercise where I randomly choose a card for the scenario of it being killed late during its own set's development. I design a replacement card that uses the same art, is the same color, is the same rarity, and has a name that, alphabetically, keeps it within the same collector number for the set.


Redesign:




I wanted to show the two different card versions of this design - because trying to follow the wording as it was before made it seem more complex than it actually is.

So, I discovered that Unsummon is the only blue bounce spell in Alpha. I know I have to keep this a bounce spell. But I also value that the sole bounce spell in the set is able to return the one permanent type that matters most: creature. It also helps that the art depicts a creature-like image.

I discovered that there hasn't been a straight-up cantrip version of bouncing permanent spell. Opportunity taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment